Commit: Sync libiberty and add --no-recurse-limit option to binutils

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 11:38:00 GMT 2018

Hi Guys,

  I have synchronized the libiberty sources with the gcc version.
  This brings in my patch to add a recursion limit to the name
  demangling code, so I have also committed a patch to the tools in the
  binutils directory to add a new --no-recurse-limit option.
  (Personally I doubt that this option will ever be needed, but it is
  there just in case).

binutils/ChangeLog
2018-12-07  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* addr2line.c (demangle_flags): New static variable.
        (long_options): Add --recurse-limit and --no-recurse-limit.
        (translate_address): Pass demangle_flags to bfd_demangle.
        (main): Handle --recurse-limit and --no-recurse-limit options.
        * cxxfilt.c: (long_options): Add --recurse-limit and
	--no-recurse-limit.
        (main): Handle new options.
        * nm.c (demangle_flags): New static variable.
        (long_options): Add --recurse-limit and --no-recurse-limit.
        (main): Handle new options.
        * objdump.c (demangle_flags): New static variable.
        (usage): Add --recurse-limit and --no-recurse-limit.
        (long_options): Likewise.
        (objdump_print_symname): Pass demangle_flags to bfd_demangle.
        (disassemble_section): Likewise.
        (dump_dymbols): Likewise.
        (main): Handle new options.
        * prdbg.c (demangle_flags): New static variable.
        (tg_variable): Pass demangle_flags to demangler.
        (tg_start_function): Likewise.
        * stabs.c (demangle_flags): New static variable.
        (stab_demangle_template): Pass demangle_flags to demangler.
        (stab_demangle_v3_argtypes): Likewise.
        (stab_demangle_v3_arg): Likewise.
	* doc/binutuls.texi: Document new command line options.
	* NEWS: Mention the new feature.
        * testsuite/config/default.exp (CXXFILT): Define if not already
        defined.
        (CXXFILTFLAGS): Likewise.
        * testsuite/binutils-all/cxxfilt.exp: New file.  Runs a few
        simple tests of the cxxfilt program.