Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 10 10:12:00 GMT 2018

On 08/10/2018 11:57 AM, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> AFAIK Fedora successfully used elftoaout to generate the stage1 images
> until they deprecated the SPARC support back in 2012.  Debian
> distributes elftoaout as part of the sparc-utils package [2].

Meh, I'll just leave it to GRUB upstream now to resolve this problem,
I assume that Eric will soon run into the problem as well once the
toolchain on Solaris gets updated.

> [1] ftp://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/site/linux-sparc/elftoaout/
> [2] https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/sparc-utils

FWIW, sparc-utils isn't part of an official Debian release, it's
just part of Debian Ports. But we're working on building the package
everywhere now.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz