How to create test suite .d files?

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@linux-mips.org
Mon Aug 6 15:30:00 GMT 2018


On Mon, 6 Aug 2018, Patrick Conlon wrote:

> Thinking to make maintainers' lives easier, I submitted some test assembly
> along with a patch.  What I haven't been able to figure out is how to
> create the .d files in the test suite nor whatever documentation there is
> regarding them.  While they is obviously a variation of objdump, when I run
> it with the command line flags listed in other .d files, I don't get the
> same output.

 See the inline documentation at individual `run_dump_test' procedures in 
`binutils/testsuite/lib/utils-lib.exp', `gas/testsuite/lib/gas-defs.exp' 
and `ld/testsuite/lib/ld-lib.exp', respectively.  Please note the slight 
differences in options according to the tool being tested, and also that 
the dumps need not necessarily be from `objdump', as `readelf' and `nm' 
are also commonly used for output examination.

 HTH,

  Maciej



More information about the Binutils mailing list