How to convert a memory dump/raw binary image into an ELF file

A.W.C. via binutils binutils@sourceware.org
Sun Aug 5 20:26:00 GMT 2018

Is it available pre-compiled rtems-bin2c binary for Windows? or .deb package for Linux?

What command syntax should I use in my particular case? (arguments)

bin2c [-c] [-z]  <input_file> <output_file>

Regards,
Alex

On Sun, 8/5/18, Joel Sherrill <joel@rtems.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: How to convert a memory dump/raw binary image into an ELF file
 To: "A.W.C." <bluestream@ymail.com>
 Cc: binutils@sourceware.org
 Date: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 9:52 PM

 On Sun, Aug 5, 2018, 1:45 PM
 A.W.C. via binutils <binutils@sourceware.org>
 wrote:

 How to convert a raw MIPS binary file into an .ELF file?
 > The binary file is contents of memory
 region (SPI Flash), converted from
 > hex
 to binary form (.bin) use xxd -r command.
 > The Linux 'file' command
 determines the file type of file.bin as 'data'
 > file type.

 This can be done with objcopy
 but over the years on the RTEMS project we
 found it sometimes painful to get CPU model and
 endian flags set correctly
 that way.

 We have a utility called
 rtems-bin2c that converts a binary file into a C
 array. Then you can compile that as you would
 any other file in the
 project. Reliable
 cross-architecture solution.

 It is in rtems-tools at git.rtems.org.