Backport 22782 fix to 2.30 branch?

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon Apr 23 11:56:00 GMT 2018

Hi H.J.,

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Roland McGrath <mcgrathr@google.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 8:13 PM, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I prefer not to backport this patch alone since this will break Solaris.
>>> There
>>> are 2 followup patches:
>>
>> OK.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I'd be glad to have all three on the
>> 2.30 branch.  Would you like to test and land them?  I'm not sure I'm
>> set up to verify the Solaris tests.  But I certainly don't mind trying
>> if I know what testing steps are sufficient to safely land these in
>> 2.30.
>>

> I can't test Solaris.  If Rainer has no issues on Solaris/x86, they are OK
> with me for 2.30 branch.

I've just tried the 2.30 branch on amd64-pc-solaris2.11 without and with
the 3 patches applied: no regressions.

However, that one

commit 3b4c384407ebbdd9ed4ad5057080b3be038b8748
Author: H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 9 08:44:42 2018 -0800

    x86: Add is_solaris to elf_x86_target_os

    Add is_solaris to elf_x86_target_os since Solaris is quite different.

needed a bit of fixup to apply.

	Rainer