RFC: Should we have a 2.30.1 point release ?

John Darrington john@darrington.wattle.id.au
Sat Apr 14 10:22:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:56:50AM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
     On 04/13/2018 10:44 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
     > Hi Guys,
     >
     >   Do you think that we should have a 2.30.1 point release ?
     >
     >   In the past we have only made point releases when we want
     >   to fix a really serious bug, and I do not think that there
     >   have been any recently.
     >
     >   On the other hand, we are half way between major releases
     >   (approximately) and patches have continued to be checked
     >   in to the 2.30 branch.  So maybe now would a good time for
     >   an intermin release ?

     What would be the purpose of the release?

     Who would be your audience?

     Who consumes a point release?

The only reason that I can think of is that it makes the latest code available
for people to test, who might not otherwise do so.

J;

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3