[PATCH 2/2] [GOLD] Add plugin API for processing plugin-added input files

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 00:51:00 GMT 2017


>> Honestly, the more I think about it, I think it might just be best to
>> use a single shell script for both tests and not duplicate code. The
>> tests are distinct and use different plugins, but the validation is
>> identical. However, using the same script could make it unclear which
>> test failed when there is a failure. I'm not sure which is more
>> important here.
>
> I would say the latter is more important.  Could we not just `source`
> .the other script?

I'm fine with using one script for both tests if that works. Even if
the test suite run shows a single failure, the log should make it
clear what the cause of the failure was.

-cary



More information about the Binutils mailing list