RFA: ELF: Call check_relocs after opening all inputs
H.J. Lu
hjl.tools@gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 23:41:00 GMT 2017
On 10/9/17, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 05:17:39AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> On 10/9/17, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > powerpc64-linux +FAIL: PR ld/13195
>> > powerpc64-linux +FAIL: Build rdynamic-1
>> > powerpc64-linux +FAIL: Build dynamic-1
>>
>> How can I reproduce it on x86? powerpc64-linux is clean on
>> users/hjl/check_relocs branch.
>
> You would need a powerpc64-linux cross-compiler installed since the
> testcases are in C. Don't worry about it. I'll fix the powerpc64
> --gc-sections problem, which is that gc_mark_hook uses opd->func_sec
> to look through .opd relocs but opd->func_sec is set up by
> check_relocs.
I updated users/hjl/check_relocs branch to call check_relocs after opening
all inputs. Also garbage collection doesn't need to undo what check_relocs
has done for symbols which have been garbage collected. Since ELF
targets never see the removed sections, there is no need for gc_sweep_hook.
I removed gc_sweep_hook from elf_backend_data.
There are no regressions on all ELF targets I tested.
Please test this branch on your favorite native targets and let me know
if you run into any regressions.
Thanks.
--
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list