lm32 fdpic toolchain segfault with binutils ld

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx@openadk.org
Wed Nov 29 18:03:00 GMT 2017


Hi Nick,
Nick Clifton wrote,

Sorry I mistyped the mailinglist address and then stupid as I am
bounced the message to the list :(
So your answer didn't get to the list.

> Hi Waldemar,
> 
> > When the kernel is linked I get a segmentation fault:
> > /home/wbx/lm32/toolchain_qemu-lm32_uclibc-ng/usr/bin/lm32-openadk-uclinux-uclibc-ld:
> > BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.29.51.20171028 assertion fail elf32-lm32.c:902
> 
> Please could you file a bug report for this problem here:
> 
>   https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
> 
> If at all possible, including a way to reproduce the bug will really help.
> Preferably something simpler than "build a lm32 linux kernel" ...
> 
> The assertion is triggered by the fact that the linker has encountered a
> relocation that needs to create an entry in the GOT table, but there is
> no .got section in the output.  This is very strange.  Is it possible that
> you are using a custom linker script ?

I added the bug to bugzilla:
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22512

The kernel uses a wrapper script for linking:
https://github.com/m-labs/linux-milkymist/blob/ng/scripts/link-vmlinux.sh

Applications seems to link fine :(

best regards
 Waldemar



More information about the Binutils mailing list