[PATCH] Riscv ld-elf/stab failure, and fake label cleanup.

Jim Wilson jimw@sifive.com
Wed Nov 22 19:37:00 GMT 2017


On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I think you may also need to update bfd/elf.c:_bfd_elf_is_local_
> label_name()
> Although I am not quite sure how you would do this.  Maybe adding another
> field
> to the elf_backend_data structure ?
>

Thanks.  I missed that.  I was searching for uses of '\001'.  Riscv sets
FAKE_LOCAL_NAME to start with ".L", and _bfd_elf_is_local_label_name
handles that, so it looks like we are OK.  Though I think this should be
mentioned in a comment in gas.  I will submit a patch for that.

>       gas/
> >       * as.c: Include write.h.
> >       (common_emul_init): Use FAKE_LABEL_NAME.
> >       * ecoff.c (add_file, ecoff_directive_end, ecoff_directive_loc):
> >       Likewise.
> >       (ecoff_build_symbols): Use FAKE_LABEL_CHAR.
> >      ...
> Approved - please apply.
>

Applied.

Jim



More information about the Binutils mailing list