[PATCH] ld: Remove PF_X from PT_PHDR segment
H.J. Lu
hjl.tools@gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 01:05:00 GMT 2017
On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 05:23:58PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> It was reasonable to mark PT_PHDR segment with PF_X for compatibility
>> with UnixWare and Solaris linkers 20 years ago. But it is inappropriate
>> today when the primary OS of GNU ld is Linux. This patch removes PF_X
>> from PT_PHDR segment as gold does.
>
> Yeah, I think the flags on PHDR are just decoration.
>
>> I will check it in next Monday if there is no objections.
>
> find ld/testsuite -type f | xargs grep PHDR
> You have some existing tests to update, I think.
>
This is the updated patch I am checking in.
Thanks.
--
H.J.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0001-ld-Remove-PF_X-from-PT_PHDR-segment.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 9108 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20171113/179f0ac6/attachment.bin>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list