[Translation-i18n] xtensa message pluralization
augustine.sterling@gmail.com
augustine.sterling@gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:40:00 GMT 2017
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
>> A question for the translation project: I'm wondering if
>> I should allow translators to change sentence construction order with
>> something like the following patch?
>
> The proposed patch violates rule #2 "Entire sentences" from [1].
> In particular, it separates subject and verb of the same sentence
> into different format strings. This does not work, because in some
> languages the verb's form depends on the subject's gender.
>
> Therefore it should better not be applied.
>
I know almost nothing about the mechanics and best-practices of
translation, but I am very supportive and believe it should be done.
To that extent, I support modifying the grammar of the messages, but
have no opinion at all about how such modification should look.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list