[PATCH 0/3] Fix issues with writing Linux core PRSTATUS note on MIPS o32, n32 and n64 into core file
Pedro Alves
palves@redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 09:56:00 GMT 2017
On 11/07/2017 09:29 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2017, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>
>>> Exactly the same situation I have reproduced on MIPS platforms. Have I
>>> missed something?
>>
>> I'll see if I can reproduce it with the x86-64 target and that may help
>> me understand why I don't see it with the MIPS one.
>
> So I have looked into it now and tracked down `libthread_db' rather
> than GDB to be the component requiring PID retrieval from a core file
> for TLS access to work, and then only before glibc commit c579f48edba8
> ("Remove cached PID/TID in clone"), which was first included in 2.25
> glibc release.
>
> Given I have been using recent glibc checkouts for MIPS verification I
> avoided the requirement, but I was indeed able to reproduce it natively
> with x86-64 and the system-supplied `libthread_db', and then with my
> MIPS environment as well, once I went with my glibc build back to commit
> c579f48edba8^.
>
> I will be adding a reference to said glibc commit when pushing your 2/3
> change.
Interesting, hadn't realized libthread_db stopped requiring this.
I wonder whether it'd be a good idea to mention it in the code itself
too, say, in proc-service.:ps_getpid.
Thanks,
Pedro Alves
More information about the Binutils
mailing list