[PATCHv2] Implementing ARC NPS-400 Ultra Ip and Miscellaneous instructions

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 10:20:00 GMT 2017


Hi Claudiu, Hi Rinat,

> On top of the above when I do:
> 	git apply --check <your_patch>
> 
> I am getting:
> 	fatal: corrupt patch at line 273
> 
> It will be nice if you can also check why it is so.

It is a mailer problem.  I think that Rinat's mailer is wrapping the patch at 80 columns
which is corrupting the patch.  Rinat - in the future, please could you add your patches
as attachments to the email, rather than including them inline ?  I think that this should
solve the problem.

As it happens I have gone ahead and applied Rinat's patch, fixing up the formatting issues
that you pointed out.  I wanted to test the patch myself and then I got carried away fixing
various other issues in the arc-opc.c file.  (Such as the over-use of ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED).
In the end it was easier for me to just apply the updated patch than to back out all of my
changes and ask for a resubmission. :-}

Cheers
  Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list