[PATCHv2 0/3] ld: Orphan section placement tweaks

Andrew Burgess andrew.burgess@embecosm.com
Wed Mar 8 21:12:00 GMT 2017


This patch series is mostly the same as the original series I sent.
I've addressed all of the points that Alan raised, so really I think
patches 2 & 3 are pre-approved.

The change is in patch 1.  In my "excitment" to make sure that the
documentation mentioned how orphan placement might create a new ouput
section, I made it sound like creating a new output section was the
_only_ option when placing an orphaned section, which isn't true at all.

This new version of patch 1 tries to make all of the options for
orphan placement clearer.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Andrew


---

Andrew Burgess (3):
  ld: Orphan section documentation
  ld: better handling of lma region for orphan sections
  ld: Track changes to default region LMA even for empty sections

 ld/ChangeLog                    | 20 +++++++++++++++++
 ld/NEWS                         |  6 ++++++
 ld/ld.texinfo                   | 26 ++++++++++++++++------
 ld/ldlang.c                     | 48 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-10.d | 10 +++++++++
 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-10.s |  8 +++++++
 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-9.d  | 12 +++++++++++
 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-9.ld | 32 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-9.s  | 11 ++++++++++
 9 files changed, 153 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-10.d
 create mode 100644 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-10.s
 create mode 100644 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-9.d
 create mode 100644 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-9.ld
 create mode 100644 ld/testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-9.s

-- 
2.5.1



More information about the Binutils mailing list