[GOLD] Add reloc_count param to Relocate::relocate

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 06:20:00 GMT 2017

> OK, I'll do that, and assume you're OK with the rest of the series.

Yes, I am.

> BTW, why the reluctance to add another parameter to an inline?  Won't
> a decent compiler generate equivalent code to that prior to adding the
> param for any targets that don't use the param?  I know, I shouldn't
> care too much about how compilers work.  I'm really just curious.

It's just a very long parameter list already, and I prefer not to make
it even longer if it can be avoided. The whole point of the Relinfo
structure is to collect parameters that don't change in the loop.

> (And if reduction in parameter count is a goal, then at first glance
> sh_type, target, and output_section could be put in relinfo too.)

Yes, I've thought of that, and I may move those, too.

-cary