ppc64le: expected localentry:0 `pthread_condattr_destroy'

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Sun Jul 30 10:29:00 GMT 2017

On 07/30/2017 12:22 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Jul 30 2017, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> * If objects are linked with --plt-localentry, it is likely that at run
>> time, the exact same version of the object will be required by the
>> dynamic linker.  Even supposedly ABI-compatible library updates may not
>> work.
>
> Or, in other words, --plt-localentry changes the ABI.

It's worse than that: It changes what is part of the ABI.  It makes ABI
dependencies more strict, i.e., changes which were ABI-compatible before
no longer are.  And what I think it is important to convey is that none
of the GNU toolchain libraries (and other system libraries, presumably)
are prepared to preserve ABI compatibility according to this new
definition of what is part of the ABI of a shared object.

Thanks,
Florian