[Patch ARM] Add support for Cortex-A55 and Cortex-A75

James Greenhalgh james.greenhalgh@arm.com
Mon Jul 3 10:18:00 GMT 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:04:08AM +0100, James Greenhalgh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the subject line, this patch adds support for the ARM Cortex-A55 and
> Cortex-A75 processors.
>
> The ARM Cortex-A55 and Cortex-A75 procsessors implement the ARMv8-A
> architecture, with support for the ARMv8.1-A and ARMv8.2-A extensions,
> including support for the 16-bit floating point extensions.
>
> The 16-bit floating-point extensions are optional, and we haven't defined
> an option mapping straight to them thus far, so this patch first needs to
> add one of those in include/opcode/arm.h, then we can simply add the CPU names
> as usual in config/tc-arm.c .
>
> Tested on arm-none-eabi
>
> OK? If so, could you please apply this on my behalf, as I don't have
> commit rights over here.
>
> Thanks,
> James

As I came to ping this patch, I realised that it no longer applied clean
to trunk. I've fixed that, and retested the result.

Is this new patch revision OK? If so, could you please apply this on
my behalf, as I don't have commit rights over here.

Thanks,
James

---
gas/

2017-07-03  James Greenhalgh  <james.greenhalgh@arm.com>

	* config/tc-arm.c (arm_cpus): Add Cortex-A55 and Cortex-A75.
	* doc/c-arm.texi (-mcpu): Document Cortex-A55 and Cortex-A75.