powerpc ld core dump in 2.29

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:03:00 GMT 2017

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 11:51:52AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> This has worked for years and just broke. Could be a more
> strict interpretation of how to generate this.
>
> powerpc-rtems4.12-ld -o qemu_fakerom.bin qemu_fakerom.o \
>   qemu_fakeres.o --oformat binary -nostdlib \
>   -Ttext 0xfff00000 --section-start=.romentry=0xfffffffc
>
> I can provide an object file and test case in Bugzilla if

Yes please, your qemu_fakerom.o and qemu_fakeres.o are needed for me
or anyone else to reliably (and easily) reproduce the problem.   I'd
guess we have something touching ELF specific data structures that
aren't present when the output file is binary.  Note that there have
already been some fixes committed to the branch for exactly this sort
of problem.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM