How to save and restore a symbol value in Aarch64?

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:55:00 GMT 2017


On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On Apr 20 2017, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I need the method to get the previous .cpu value
>
> .cpu is not a symbol, it is a directive, so you cannot get its "value".
> The effect of the directive is to modify the internal state of the
> assembler, which is not directly accessible to the assembler input.

Thanks Andreas.

Does '.set push, .cpu' and '.set pop, .cpu' work as {expected|desired}
for Aarch32 and Aarch64?

Sorry to have to ask. I tested code using push and pop, and its not
producing a warning or an error. I'm not sure if its wrong or a case
of the documentation being a bit stale.

Jeff



More information about the Binutils mailing list