答复: The query about ranlib for binutils-2.22 and below

Zhangwen (Esan) zwzhangwen.zhang@huawei.com
Wed Apr 5 01:34:00 GMT 2017


>Hi Zhangwen,
>
>> Sorry to say that binutils-2.22 was used into our project and now I have no idea to clear up the timestamps. 
> >Could anybody know to how use zero for timestamps and uids/gid using ranlib-2.22 or other resolution ?
>
>Sorry, I do not think that you can do this using the 2.22 binutils, or earlier.
>
>You could build your own version of ar from a newer binutils and use it exclusively for eliminating the timestamps.
>
>Or - you could use a binary editor program to zero the bytes that contain the timestamps.
>
>Cheers
>  Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have a idea to do this by merging the function of eliminating the timestamps to binutils-2.22. 
It can work with native test.

Cheers,
  Zhangwen


More information about the Binutils mailing list