ld build configured with additional targets is broken

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 15:32:00 GMT 2016

On 10/31/2016 10:48 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:

> I found that suppressing the inclusion of elf.h was an effective workaround
> for the problem.  Ie:
>
>  #ifdef HAVE_GETAUXVAL
> +
> +/* Prevent the inclusion of /usr/include/elf.h which contains
> +   definitions that conflict with include/elf/mips.h.  */
> +#define _ELF_H 1
> +
>  #include <sys/auxv.h>

This is not a supported use of a glibc header.  The _ELF_H symbol is
completely internal, and this can break at an time.

But more confusing is that why still get the AT_PLATFORM definition if
you do this.

Florian