Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V

Palmer Dabbelt palmer@dabbelt.com
Wed Oct 12 00:13:00 GMT 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:46:05 PDT (-0700), Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> We'd like to submit for inclusion in Binutils a port for the RISC-V
> architecture.  The port suffices to build a substantial body of software
> (including Linux and some 2,000 Fedora packages); so, while it is doubtlessly
> not complete, we think it is far enough along to start the upstreaming process.
>
> This port targets Version 2.0 of the RV32I and RV64I base user ISAs, and the
> five standard extensions M, A, F, D, and C, all of which are frozen and will
> not change over time.  It also targets Version 1.9.1 of the RISC-V Privileged
> Architectures, which we expect to change somewhat before being standardized
> some time in 2017.
>
> The RISC-V community and the 50-some member companies of the RISC-V Foundation
> are quite eager to have a single, standard Binutils port.  We thank you in
> advance for your help in this process and for your feedback on the software
> contribution itself.
>
> These patches build on top of 8f1a8fc4df2244f548d55fbecce20b7cd6f90e16, the
> latest commit in binutils-gdb.

Sorry, it looks like this got a bit screwed up.  Patch 6, which contains the
sim port, was actually too big to make it through the mailing lists.  I've
split it up into multiple chunks, but the generated configure script is still
over the limit.  The patches are on our github

https://github.com/riscv/riscv-binutils-gdb/commit/8a9083394997bb4a3753844588416ff35ab44dc2
https://github.com/riscv/riscv-binutils-gdb/commit/d1542667f91dcad8e8952362925950d0a81391c6
https://github.com/riscv/riscv-binutils-gdb/commit/5e2c383e5cfa29683ff244d264e9b138203d3c2d

I can re-submit them however is easiest for you guys.

Sorry!