m68k-atari-mint target

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr
Sun Oct 2 14:59:00 GMT 2016

On 30/09/2016 à 09:40, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> The aout0_be_vec will still be kepts, as used by m68*-*-rtems

Ok, in this case that should stay fine.

>> See binutils-gdb fork there (on -mint branches):
>> https://github.com/vinriviere/m68k-atari-mint-binutils-gdb
>>
>> It would be appreciated to keep m68k-aout support so the MiNT patches
>> could still apply to new binutils versions.
>
> Do they have a plan to submit it upstream ?

Of course including the m68k-atari-mint target in the official binutils
sources would be much appreciated by the whole FreeMiNT community.

I already submitted that patch here in 2010 for review, but I got no
concrete feedback:
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-04/msg00146.html

My main question is:
Is the binutils team going to agree to add a new target based on m68k-aout?
I need to know the answer before going forward.

BTW, I already have signed the FSF papers.

--
Vincent Rivière