z80

Luke A. Guest laguest@archeia.com
Wed Nov 23 20:22:00 GMT 2016


Hi,

I'm currently in the process of messing around with a Z80 CPU for a
project and thought that I'd try and get some tools going. I've found
various stunted projects, gdb/gcc ports which don't have copyright
assignments and unlikely ever to. I have managed to get z80-coff to
build, but it would be nice to get this CPU wrapped in ELF32. So, I have
a few questions.

1. How difficult would it be to get z80-elf going on binutils?
2. Why are the z80 specific source files so different to other ports?
i.e. no opcodes/z80-opc.[ch], seems the assembler part is inside
gas/config/tc-z80.[ch], does this port require a clean up?
3. Is there anything else that should be worked on?

I have forked the source from git as you've already added EM_Z80
identifier from the latest ELF spec.

As for getting GCC going, there is m68hc11 which is more basic that the
Z80 and there is an unofficial 6502 port I can look at.

Thanks,
Luke.



More information about the Binutils mailing list