[PATCH] objcopy: Close some memory leaks in error paths
Andrew Burgess
andrew.burgess@embecosm.com
Fri Nov 4 11:00:00 GMT 2016
I don't know if we care greatly about memory leaks on error paths,
especially in objcopy where we'll certainly be about to exit, but
given that I spotted these I thought I'd post this patch.
---
Closes some memory leaks within objcopy for error paths.
binutils/ChangeLog:
* objcopy.c (copy_section): Add extra calls to free for error
paths.
---
binutils/ChangeLog | 5 +++++
binutils/objcopy.c | 3 +++
2 files changed, 8 insertions(+)
diff --git a/binutils/objcopy.c b/binutils/objcopy.c
index 1821c0c..d40cfcb 100644
--- a/binutils/objcopy.c
+++ b/binutils/objcopy.c
@@ -3375,6 +3375,7 @@ copy_section (bfd *ibfd, sec_ptr isection, void *obfdarg)
{
status = 1;
bfd_nonfatal_message (NULL, ibfd, isection, NULL);
+ free (memhunk);
return;
}
@@ -3428,6 +3429,7 @@ copy_section (bfd *ibfd, sec_ptr isection, void *obfdarg)
{
status = 1;
bfd_nonfatal_message (NULL, obfd, osection, NULL);
+ free (memhunk);
return;
}
free (memhunk);
@@ -3449,6 +3451,7 @@ copy_section (bfd *ibfd, sec_ptr isection, void *obfdarg)
{
status = 1;
bfd_nonfatal_message (NULL, obfd, osection, NULL);
+ free (memhunk);
return;
}
free (memhunk);
--
2.6.4
More information about the Binutils
mailing list