New ld failure with STB_GNU_UNIQUE patch

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed May 18 09:11:00 GMT 2016

Hi Maciej,

>  So it's just that on `ft32-elf' all tests that call LD with no substitute
> linker script supplied fail with this error, unless they hit `-shared not
> supported' first.  I think this means that the default linker script is
> broken, and this newly-enabled test just follows the pattern.  Does this
> observation address your concern?

It does.

I am going to check in the patch below to address this problem, and several
others in connection with the FT32 target and linker tests.

ld/ChangeLog
2016-05-18  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* scripttempl/ft32.sc: Use fixed constants for memory region
	lengths.  Include DWARF debug sections.
	(.data .bss): Do not assign locations during relocatable links.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/compressed1d.d: Skip for FT32.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/sec-to-seg.exp: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/sec64k.exp: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/init-fini-array.d: XFail for FT32.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/merge.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/orphan-region.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/orphan.s: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/orphan3.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/pr349.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-elf/warn2.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/lib/ld-lib.exp (check_shared_lib_support): Note
	that the FT32 does not support shared libraries.