Preventing preemption of 'protected' symbols in GNU ld 2.26
Joe Groff
jgroff@apple.com
Thu Mar 24 17:06:00 GMT 2016
> On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:04 AM, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Cary Coutant <ccoutant@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> What you are proposing is to disallow copy relocation against
>>> protected symbol. Am I correct?
>>
>> Yes. That's what PR gold/19823 is about. I claim that GCC PR 55012
>> should have been resolved as "working as intended", and that your
>> patches for GCC PR 65248 should never have been applied (curiously, I
>> can't find any actual approval for the GCC patch). I'm sorry I missed
>> those conversations -- I would have raised bloody hell at the time.
>> I'm surprised that no one else did.
>>
>
> What relocation do you propose to access external protected
> symbol on x86 for non-PIC code?
Non-PIC code can still use a GOT, can't it?
-Joe
More information about the Binutils
mailing list