Ping: [PATCH] gas: fix bogus error on .org involving expression
Jan Beulich
JBeulich@suse.com
Thu Mar 17 08:16:00 GMT 2016
>>> On 17.03.16 at 00:46, <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:40:15AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Ping???
>> >>> On 02.03.16 at 12:29, <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
>> > gas/
>> > 2016-03-02 Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
>> >
>> > * expr.c (expr): Set retval to expr_section for expressions
>> > involving symbols, which cannot be resolved right away.
>
> OK.
>
>> > gas/testsuite/
>> > 2016-03-02 Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
>> >
>> > * expr-org.s, expr.org.d: New.
>> > * gas.exp: Run new test.
>
> Have you run the new test over a good sample of binutils targets?
Honestly - no, I didn't, as I didn't expect .org to behave
differently for different targets (to me that would be pretty
surprising).
> I suspect that the new test won't work on some, tic4x and tic54x, for
> example. OK with changes to exclude such targets.
Will do.
Jan
More information about the Binutils
mailing list