the help about the symbols list by using nm
Zhangwen (Esan)
zwzhangwen.zhang@huawei.com
Mon Mar 7 03:11:00 GMT 2016
hi£¬
I¡¯m newer. I found that symbols list results are different by using nm tool for binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22. I see some sourcecode difference between binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22, but have no idea of different sorting results for nm.
The scene is as following:
1¡¢The environment variable locale of host machine:
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
2¡¢If locale is set to POISX, the results are the same between binutils-2.22 and binutils-2.24.
3¡¢If added ¨Cp, the results are also the same.
4¡¢If added ¨Cn/-r/-s etc. or added the command ¡°sort -option¡±, but the results are still different.
Do not adjust anything in our project, so we don¡¯t know how to deal with nm in binutils-2.24 to keep the same symbol list.
The symbol list may be sorted using ASCII for binutils-2.22, could you tell me the nm difference between binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22 ?
Thanks.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list