[GOLD] Disable script_test_12 for powerpc
Cary Coutant
ccoutant@gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:44:00 GMT 2016
> Changes necessary to make this test pass on powerpc64. For interest
> really. I'm hesitant to apply this change so close to a release in
> case it blows up on ARM or some other target. Passes on x86_64.
>
> * script_test_12.t: Delete .plt, specify 64k page size.
> * script_test_12i.t: Likewise.
>
> diff --git a/gold/testsuite/script_test_12.t b/gold/testsuite/script_test_12.t
> index 4579c58..d415d04 100644
> --- a/gold/testsuite/script_test_12.t
> +++ b/gold/testsuite/script_test_12.t
> @@ -33,14 +33,13 @@ SECTIONS
> .rel.plt : { *(.rel.plt) }
> .rela.plt : { *(.rela.plt) }
> .init : { *(.init) }
> - .plt : { *(.plt) }
To be honest, I don't know why this is there. I've verified that it
works fine on x86_64 without it, and I'm certain that I didn't add it
specifically to make it work on any other target. I think it's safe to
remove.
> .text : { *(.text) }
> .fini : { *(.fini) }
> .rodata : { *(.rodata .rodata.*) }
> .eh_frame_hdr : { *(.eh_frame_hdr) }
> .eh_frame : { *(.eh_frame) }
>
> - . = DATA_SEGMENT_ALIGN(0x1000, 0x1000);
> + . = DATA_SEGMENT_ALIGN(0x10000, 0x10000);
This also seems safe.
If you're still even the least bit nervous, I'd be OK with simply
disabling the test on ppc for 2.27, then applying this patch after the
branch has been made.
-cary
More information about the Binutils
mailing list