Vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb repo

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Tue Jun 28 12:39:00 GMT 2016

> > I can't find the post, but we did come to a consensus that vendor
> > and personal branches should come under the .../users/<vendor|user>/
> > directory.
>
> sounds good.  i'll see about moving Gentoo's binutils & my gdb changes up.
>
> > Currently, IBM and ARM have vendor branches and there are quite a
> > few personal branches too:
>
> i saw, but it wasn't clear to me whether it was one-off or "sanctioned".

It seems like no one feel they have enough authority to sanction
those branches. The only stakeholders I can think of now are
the people on overseers, since those branches are taking a (tiny)
amount of extra disk and network bandwidth.

--
Joel