What is .tm_clone_map?

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:59:00 GMT 2016

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:44:18AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am seeing this section on a PowerPC RTEMS C++ application
> and I don't see it dealt with in any of the linker scripts
> installed with binutils. Our link is failing because it isn't
> included in the linker script.
>
> I see some comments that it is related to transactional memory
> but beyond that I have no idea.
>
> What should a linker script do with it?

.tm_clone_map doesn't ring any bells with me.  Which object file uses
it?  Did you mean .tm_clone_table?

General answer to unknown sections is to inspect flags and insert into
your script based on the flags.  ie. Do what the linker would normally
do for orphan sections.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM