How can I remove a personal tag?
Joel Brobecker
brobecker@adacore.com
Mon Feb 29 23:50:00 GMT 2016
> I want to update users/hjl/linux/release/2.26.51.0.1 tag by
> removing it fist. I got
>
> # git push origin :users/hjl/linux/release/2.26.51.0.1
> remote: *** Deleting a tag is not allowed in this repository
> remote: error: hook declined to update
> refs/tags/users/hjl/linux/release/2.26.51.0.1
> Auto packing the repository for optimum performance.
> warning: There are too many unreachable loose objects; run 'git prune'
> to remove them.
> To ssh://hjl@sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git
> ! [remote rejected] users/hjl/linux/release/2.26.51.0.1 (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://hjl@sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git'
Changing the target of a tag is considered to be a really bad idea.
I have to run, but you can look it up on the web as to why.
I can delete the tag for you, but regardless, I recommend you use
another one. This happened to me too when I was creating an earlier
GDB release, so it's really important to be careful when creating
them...
--
Joel
More information about the Binutils
mailing list