cross-compiling LM32 internal error while linking

Federico Vaga federico.vaga@gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:38:00 GMT 2016


On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 01:31:31PM -0000, Jon Beniston wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there any particular reason why you want/need to use that option? Can't
>say I've ever tried it.

There is not. Indeed, I'm not using it anymore. But I think it should not
happen, right?

>Jon
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Federico Vaga [mailto:federico.vaga@gmail.com]
>Sent: 26 February 2016 13:28
>To: Jon Beniston
>Cc: binutils@sourceware.org; 'Nick Clifton'
>Subject: Re: cross-compiling LM32 internal error while linking
>
>I think I found the source of the problem `--enable-host-shared`. If I use
>this flag I get this error:
>
>lm32-elf/bin/ld: internal error: addend should be zero for R_LM32_16_GOT
>
>Attached the script that generate the toolchain with the GOT issue.
>
>I hope it helps :)
>
>On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:51:24PM +0100, Federico Vaga wrote:
>>I confirm that without any flag it do not have problems. This means
>>that the problem is triggered by one of those flags. I will try to find
>>out which one in the days.
>>
>>On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 04:48:31PM +0100, Federico Vaga wrote:
>>>On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 09:44:04AM -0000, Jon Beniston wrote:
>>>>Hi,
>>>>
>>>>I can't reproduce the problem either. It would be useful to know
>>>>exactly what version of GCC you are using and how it was configured
>>>>when you built it. Perhaps use -save-temps and e-mail the intermediate
>files.
>>>
>>>Versions are the same as the first email:
>>>gcc 5.3.0
>>>binutils 2.26
>>>mpc 1.0.3
>>>mpfr 3.1.3
>>>gmp 6.1.0
>>>newlib 2.2.0
>>>
>>>Attached the script that I used to compile.
>>>
>>>I can do some tests in the next days/weeks (I do not know yet).
>>>Maybe I will try first to compile without any flag, actually I did not
>>>try yet :) Maybe is useful to find the problem.
>>>
>>>
>>>>Regards,
>>>>Jon
>>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>From: Nick Clifton [mailto:nickc@redhat.com]
>>>>Sent: 15 February 2016 17:44
>>>>To: Federico Vaga
>>>>Cc: binutils@sourceware.org; jon@beniston.com
>>>>Subject: Re: cross-compiling LM32 internal error while linking
>>>>
>>>>Hi Federico,
>>>>
>>>>I am sorry - I just cannot reproduce this failure. :-(  All my
>>>>attempts end up with a fully linked binary and no linker error messages.
>>>>
>>>>Please could you try adding -v to the end of your final gcc command
>>>>line, so that you can capture the linker command line ?  (It will
>>>>probably reference a program called "collect2" rather than the linker
>>>>itself, but that is OK.  It is the command line that I need).
>>>>
>>>>Cheers
>>>>Nick
>>>>
>>>>PS Maybe it is the version of gcc that you are using ?  I am using
>>>>gcc 6.0 from the current mainline development sources...
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>



More information about the Binutils mailing list