Binutils release 2.28 - soon

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 04:26:00 GMT 2016


> if we still follow the new plan, the next release should be made early 2017, which means the 2.28 branch should be created soon (TM).
>
> However, commit activity is still high and I'd prefer not to cut arbitrary.
> It would be nice if the branch could be created this week or the next week; if this doesn't work for you, please answer to this mail and share your plans!

Sorry, I meant to respond last week...

I've just checked in -z bndplt support in gold, which is what I really
wanted to get done for 2.28, so I'm OK with whenever you want to
branch.

I still have a bit of a backlog of gold patches to review, but nothing
worth holding up the release.

I'd like to bump the gold version number just before you make the
branch, so if you could give me a heads up, I'd appreciate it.

-cary



More information about the Binutils mailing list