how to implement --push-state/--pop-state in gold?

Matthias Klose doko@ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 2 10:39:00 GMT 2016


On 02.12.2016 01:56, Cary Coutant wrote:
>> In Debian and Ubuntu I'm getting bug reports from people trying to use
>> --push-state/--pop-state and then failing with gold.  It would be nice to have
>> these options available in gold as well.  Could somebody give me pointers
>> where/how to implement these?
>>
>> Looking at the implementation in the bfd linker, I see that push/pop only
>> supports one state, and not a stack.  However the documentation reads:
>>
>>            The --push-state allows to preserve the current state of the flags
>>            which govern the input file handling so that they can all be restored
>>            with one corresponding --pop-state option.
>>
>> which I think documents a stack of states. Should the docs be changed?
> 
> I've just pushed a commit to implement this in gold. See PR 18989.
> 
>    https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=18989
> 
> Thanks for expressing an interest in working on this, but it was easy
> enough to implement, so I just did it.

thanks! now revisiting https://gcc.gnu.org/PR77267, I see that mpx tries to use
'-z bndplt' as well...



More information about the Binutils mailing list