[msp430-elf] Interrupt vector corrupted?
Orlando Arias
orlandoarias@gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:08:00 GMT 2016
Greetings,
Apologies for the follow up e-mail. Please take into account the
following errata to the previous message:
All instances USCI_A1_VECT should be USCI_A1_VECTOR.
As an addendum, I should add that the microcontroller resets when
attempting to execute the ISR. The behaviour can not be replicated with
USCI_A0_VECTOR [of course, enabling proper interrupts in either case].
Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Cheers,
Orlando.
On 04/18/2016 06:02 PM, Orlando Arias wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am working with an MSP430F5529 and I am seeing issues with the way
> USCI_A1_VECT gets added to the vector table. I am not sure if the bug is
> in the linker script (saw nothing obvious there), or the way binutils is
> populating entries to this particular entry. I have tried to add an
> entry two ways,
>
> __attribute__((interrupt((USCI_A1_VECT)))
> void uart1_isr(void) {
> /* snip */
> }
>
> and a rather obtuse one:
>
> __asm (
> "\t.section \"__interrupt_vector_47\",\"ax\",@progbits\n\t"
> ".word uart1_isr"
> );
> void uart1_isr(void) {
> /* snip */
> }
>
> when performing an objdump on the generated binary, the following is
> observed:
>
> Disassembly of section __interrupt_vector_47:
>
> 0000ffdc <__interrupt_vector_47>:
> ffdc: 90 49 90 9e Address 0x000000000000ffde is out of bounds.
> Address 0x000000000000ffe0 is out of bounds.
> mov -1(r9), 0xffff ; PC rel. 0xffdf
> ffe0: aa 7f
>
> /* snip */
>
> 00004990 <uart1_isr>:
> /* snip */
>
> for either case.
>
> I am using gcc 5.3.0 and binutils 2.26.20160125 with no extra patches. I
> have attached the linker script I am using.
>
> Please advice if I am doing something wrong. Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> Orlando.
>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20160418/aec58f34/attachment.sig>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list