[MSP430-elf] Linking issue

DJ Delorie dj@redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 21:55:00 GMT 2015

> Passed the option to LD, attached is the output. You are indeed correct
> that collect2 is receiving the linker script twice:

You'll have to grep through the spec files to find the --script=
entries and try to trace through them.  You have a couple other things
duplicated as well.  Might be a side-effect of the %rename.  I don't
see an obvious bug there though, and I don't know if gcc has a spec
file debugger.

At least you know why it's being redefined now, though :-)

> I am not even sure why the linker is receiving the mmcu parameter twice.

Because your Makefile has LDFLAGS += $(LDFLAGS)... which adds the
first LDFLAGS to itself.  += means "append" so you don't need to
specify the previous value as well.