MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"

Qian Hong fracting@gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:00:00 GMT 2015

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your reply!

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Please could you check to see that this problem still happens with the
> current mainline binutils development sources.  If it does, then please
> could you file a bug report here:
>
>   https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
>
> If you could include a small test case that reproduces the problem then that
> would really help.  If you cannot create a small test case, but you do have
> a large test case then posting that, or else making it available for
> download, would still help a lot.

I just retested with the same ld version (2.25.1) with a updated Wine
version (wine-1.7.53-859-g6ec39dd (Staging)) as well as updated msys2
version ( MINGW32_NT-5.1  2.3.0(0.290/5/3) 2015-10-20 10:21 i686 Msys
), I can confirm it still crashes in the same way.

I'm glad to test the development version, it would take me some time
to build binutils itself. I'll report a bug later when I successfully
reproduce it with newer binutils.

I can't reproduce it with small test case right now, I'll start from
the large test case and investigate further, if there is any hints how
to create a small test case from large test case that would be great
appreciated.

--
Regards,
Qian Hong