VMA format in linker map file on 64-bit host for 32-bit target.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 11:44:00 GMT 2015

Hi Sergey,

> I've build binutils-2.25.1 on x86_64 for --target=sparc-elf, and in the
> map file for the target linker prints all the VMA addresses as 64-bit
> (16-chars hexadecimals), that is inconvenient. Is there any configure or
> invocation switch that controls this, or the only way is to build
> binutils on 32-bit host?

Sorry - the size of the VMA printing is controlled by the size of the
host.  Have you tried this:

	CC="gcc -m32" CXX="g++ -m32" ABI="32" setarch i686 \
	<binutils-source)/configure \
	--target=sparc-elf