ELF options may be missing from `ld --help' output after migration to ld_list_options

Chung-Lin Tang cltang@codesourcery.com
Thu May 14 10:41:00 GMT 2015

On 15/4/10 4:54 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:05:45AM +0300, Ilya Malakhov wrote:
>>  One should probably check whether to set elf_list_options and others to TRUE
>> in `*)' case rather than in `*" e${i}.o "*)' one within ld/configure.ac in
>> master branch of binutils-gdb.git:
>
> Indeed.  Thanks!
>
> 	* configure.ac: Set elf_list_options etc. in proper case.
> 	* configure: Regenerate.

I have another case that needs fixing related to ld_list_options.

nios2-linux has an emulation named "nios2linux", and happens to not include
another extra emulation with a name matching *elf*.  This makes nios2-linux
left out of the ELF options printing targets, which is unintended.

The name of emulation didn't play this part when I created "nios2linux" from
"nios2elf", so this is a recent breakage (glibc configure failed for me too :P).

I can change the emulation name to something like "nios2elf_linux" if required,
but may I suggest that configuration uses emulparams/*.sh contents too?
The attached patch also enables the ELF options when "TEMPLATE_NAME=elf32" is
found inside the emulparams file as well. This should make things more robust.

Thanks,
Chung-Lin

2015-05-14  Chung-Lin Tang  <cltang@codesourcery.com>

        * configure.ac (AC_PROG_GREP): Check for grep program.
        (elf_list_options,elf_shlib_list_options,elf_plt_unwind_list_options):
        Enable ELF option printing for emulations containing 'TEMPLATE_NAME=elf32'.
        * configure: Regenerate.