Commit: [GAS][AARCH64]Positively emit symbols for alignment.

Renlin Li renlin.li@arm.com
Tue May 5 15:22:00 GMT 2015

Hi Nick,

On 24/04/15 17:40, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Hi Renlin,
>
>> gas checked without any new issues. Okay to commit?
> Yes. please do.
>
>> By the way, Nick, aarch64 has the same issue. The same can be done to
>> aarch64_init_frag(). Another way is to remove
>> fragP->tc_frag_data.recorded. It's only used in a few places. But I am
>> sure what dose it intended to do, Could you please explain a little bit
>> for me?
> I think that it is meant to be the equivalent of the MODE_RECORDED bit
> used in tc-arm.c.
>
> A patch to fix tc-aarch64.c in a similar way to tc-arm.c is pre-approved.

A similar patch (check the attachment) applies to aarch64 is committed.

Binutils, gas, ld checked without new issues.

Thank you,
Renlin Li

2015-05-05  Renlin Li  <renlin.li@arm.com>

         * config/tc-aarch64.c (aarch64_init_frag): Always generate
mapping symbols.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog:

2015-05-05  Renlin Li  <renlin.li@arm.com>

         * gas/aarch64/mapping_5.d: New.