[Patch]Extend GAS arm_feature_set struct to provide more available bits

Terry Guo flameroc@gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 06:43:00 GMT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Nicholas Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Terry,
>
>> Currently all 32 bits in core filed of struct arm_feature_set are occupied
>> to represent various features.
>

> wouldn't it have been easier to just switch to a 64-bit data type ? Just
> asking...

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your review and sorry for the later reply.
I am also curious here. As you can see from below URL, the default
mode for gcc 4.7 and 4.8 is still c90 which doesn't support long long.
The long long is supported in c99. So I don't think it is safe to use
long long in gas so far, because there will be errors when you build
long long with host gcc 4.7 or 4.8. I am wondering whether it is
possible to default the mode to c99 for building binutils? This means
explicitly adding -std=c99 when building binutils.

BR,
Terry