[ARM] Make human parsing of "processor does not support instruction in mode" error messages easier

James Greenhalgh james.greenhalgh@arm.com
Mon Jun 29 13:25:00 GMT 2015

Hi,

The error message:

  Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `pkhbt r0,r0,r0'

Has always given me trouble when reading it in English. The difficulty I
have is that the error seems to be telling me that on the line I wrote
pkhbt r0,r0,r0, my assembler was using a selected processor which does not
support Thumb mode.

The intended parsing of the error message is that the selected processor
does not have support for the instruction in Thumb mode.

In which case, the error message:

  Error: selected processor does not support `pkhbt r0,r0,r0' in Thumb mode

Seems much clearer.

This patch makes the change, and updates the testsuite.

OK?

I don't have commit rights over here, so if someone could take up
pushing this after approval that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
James

---
gas/

2015-06-29  James Greenhalgh  <james.greenhalgh@arm.com>

	* config/tc-arm.c (md_assemble): Rephrase the "selected
	processor does not support ARM mode" error messages.

gas/testsuite/

2015-06-29  James Greenhalgh  <james.greenhalgh@arm.com>

	* gas/arm/arch7em-bad.l: Update expected errors.
	* gas/arm/arch7m-bad.l: Likewise.
	* gas/arm/arm-idiv-bad.l: Likewise.
	* gas/arm/arm7-bad.l: Likewise.
	* gas/arm/armv1-bad.l: Likewise.