porting to new architecture, trouble adding to build process

Max Ruttenberg mruttenberg@emutechnology.com
Fri Jun 12 20:33:00 GMT 2015


Hi Nick,

> Did you also update bfd/configure.ac (and bfd/configure), as well as bfd/archures.c ?  Did you run "make headers" in the bfd directory of an already built toolchain so that the headers in the bfd source directory are regenerated


Since sending my last email I managed to add my new files to the build
process by doing pretty much just this. Also figured out the autotools
thing. When I configure with --targets=all I get bfd to build with my
files.

Thanks for the help,
Max

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Nicholas Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
>> For some reason, I cannot for the life of me add this new architecture
>> to the build process. I know because the repository still compiles
>> without errors. I've added my machine specific stuff to targets.c,
>> config.bfd, and Makefile.am.
>
>
> Did you also update bfd/configure.ac (and bfd/configure), as well as
> bfd/archures.c ?  Did you run "make headers" in the bfd directory of an
> already built toolchain so that the headers in the bfd source directory are
> regenerated ?
>
> Cheers
>   Nick
>



-- 
Max Ruttenberg,
Member of the Technical Staff
Emu Technology
1400 E Angela Blvd, Unit 101
South Bend, IN 46617



More information about the Binutils mailing list