DJGPP port of binutils broken due to 64 bit cygwin fix.

Nicholas Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 13:43:00 GMT 2015

Hi Guys,

 > Nick's patch
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-03/msg00270.html> looks wrong on
a number of fronts.  Why the odd test for a discarded
> section?  I think we ought to apply something like the following,
> handling not just local but also global symbols defined in discarded
> sections.  This also zeros out the relocation field as is done for the
> ELF linker.
>
> However, I'm not an expert on the COFF linker, and don't have the
> means to test this on a native cygwin toolchain without significant
> effort on my part.  So this patch ought to be reviewed by someone
> before I commit it.

Well I am all for reverting my patch and replacing it with a better one.
Unfortunately I do not have a COFF test environment either, so it is
over to you Juan - does this patch work for you ?