RFC: Objcopy --only-keep-debug update

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:09:00 GMT 2015


On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-07-29 at 14:21 +0100, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
>>  One problem I did have with this part of the patch was in determining
>>  which sections should have their sh_link fields preserved.  In the
>>  end I had to encode the section names directly, but I feel that their
>>  ought to be a better way.
>
> I should prefix this with noting that eu-unstrip only got confused
> because the sh_flags weren't preserved. In particular the missing
> SHF_INFO_LINK on .plt.rela sections caused it to not match those in the
> main and debug file. I have a workaround for that now:
> https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/elfutils-devel/2015-July/005076.html
>

Can you try binutils master branch?  I think I have fixed it.

-- 
H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list