Issue with MIPS O32 FPXX, FP64 and FP64A ABI extensions
Matthew Fortune
Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com
Fri Jul 17 20:36:00 GMT 2015
Robert Schiele <rschiele@gmail.com> writes:
> I am not familiar enough with the details of that extension to decide
> whether we need a special handling for operations like strip to skip
> insertion of that segment or whether the segment actually always needs
> to get inserted but some other part in the code needs to get modified
> to deal with that situation properly.
>
> Any input on that topic is obviously welcome.
Thanks for the detailed report. You've managed to find a combination
of tools I didn't test. The combinatorial effect of tools on this change
was a nightmare; apologies for missing some all the same.
I've posted a patch for this. We do not need the PT_MIPS_ABIFLAGS
injecting if it was not there before and this case is handled for
most situations as it is based on the presence of .MIPS.abiflags.
Details on this are in the patch submission which I've CC'd you on.
Thanks,
Matthew
More information about the Binutils
mailing list