[PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
Yaakov Selkowitz
yselkowi@redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 20:46:00 GMT 2015
On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 16:25 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> This is the second in a series of patches to make a build with an
> in-tree GNU libiconv work as designed.
>
> Currently GDB is the only toolchain component which actually uses an
> in-tree libiconv. This patch modifies the common AM_ICONV to use an
> in-tree libiconv when present and not already provided by libc. (GDB's
> workaround uses an in-tree libiconv even when libc provides iconv(3);
> I'm not sure when or why that would be desirable.)
>
> Once these two patches are merged in to each tree, I will follow with
> patches to regenerate the various configure scripts and a few other
> minor corresponding changes.
This patch was bootstrapped in conjunction with the toplevel libiconv
patch. I don't have write permissions to either repository, so please
apply once approved.
--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Associate Software Engineer, ARM
Red Hat, Inc.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list